Thursday, February 8, 2007

Greetings

Greetings All

Please join me in the coming week to celebrate my birthday. As you may already have heard, the eight days starting on February 10th have been dubbed Nathanukah. Nathanukah, a new holiday, was born out of the frustration I have felt when some of my best friends cannot joint in festivities due to previous commitments. My solution to this dilemma is a multi-day affair, eight days in fact, to increase the odds of everyone being able to do something, some time. And, in the interest of full disclosure, I must credit my co-worker Lois for coining this brilliant turn-of-phrase.

Nathanukah 2007 consists of 13 events over 8 days, including caving, skiing, food, art, as well as performances by They Might Be Giants and Natron Baxter -- a complete schedule of which is listed on the website, http://www.nathanukah.com. I hope you will make at least one, if not all of the events. Each event is open to all, and I hope you'll invite your friends too. My mission is to get interesting people together to have a good time!

For those of you who cannot make any of the events for one reason or another, and especially if you're out of town, I'll hope you'll take advantage of the Internet and post your own Nathanukah musings on the Nathanukah blog ( http://nathanukah.blogspot.com), your pictures on Flickr or your videos on YouTube. Be sure and tag your content "Nathanukah" so we can find them easily!

Finally, there is an extensive line of Nathanukah merchandise available in the Nathanukah store -- checkout http://www.cafepress.com/nathanukah to see what we have to offer. Order soon so you can show your Nathanukah pride at events next week!

Nathan

No comments: